Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour 2009 @ Look Out Point

It was Earth Hour 209, and Eric called me up to Look Uut Point Ampang, to catch the moment of Kuala Lumpur, in the dark. Thinking that it would be real fun and interesting to see this memorable moment for the first time, in Malaysia, I am on, despite quite some works to be done.

Was in Ampang, when Eric sms and said that he could not make it, as he was in KLIA, flying aeroplanes. >.< So, ended up Chimin and I went on for the photo shooting.

Had been in Look Out Point for two times, but today was really jamming, and we need to park 200m away from the entrance. I guess everyone is coming for the Earth Hour, who said Malaysian are not awared of the latest updated news and events? Haha...

Kuala Lumpur in the lights

KLCC switching off the lights

KLCC in dim

Kuala Lumpur in dim

Back to the lighting world

After the Look Out Point, we heading towards KLCC for the night shooting, for the first time.


KLCC in the wind

KLCC in the water

While Chimin was taking pictures at the junction, I had some panning shoots.




D70 @ Jalan Ampang

May this Earth Hour arises the sustainability and environmental awareness among us.


p/s: I overheard a conversation, it was a Mum talking to the daughter: "It is such a shame that only big coorperation involved in this activity, while most of the residential are still on lights."

After looking back to the pictures I took, I think she is totally wrong. Though it is the very first time Malaysia as part of the global vote in the Earth Hour, I believe and confident that Malaysia, Malaysian has taken to the next level in term of environmental awareness and maturity, but not politics. No, not, nope, sorry.

7 comments:

Amanda ♥ said...

not much different before & after switching off the lights =.="

chimin said...

got lar
klcc n kl tower disappear
hhaha

Amanda ♥ said...

oh ho...
that's all?!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for FFK you....

Next time i treat you something nice.

soulesscloudy said...

I do hope next year will be better... Malaysian really lacking of such awareness....

Ken Teh said...

Ting*
that's all, and also my house, coz I was not in the house at that moment, haha...

Anonymous*
I had your words yay, hehe...:p

WanWan*
Yay, I am positive with it, always give ourselves some room of improvement. :)

Anonymous said...

can I please seek for your permission to use your lookout point photos on my website? i'm particularly interested on your earth hour photos.

please email me: song.lua@gmail.com

thanks.